Pages

2 cents on E-P1

i like retro design when it comes to digital camera, it's like a homage to what camera once look like. not to mention, i looks good in the hands.


last year, i found Panasonic-L1, still my most wanted camera and i found some, VERY CHEAP, at eBay.com, if only Brunei support Pay-pal, i could just buy it then and now. hopefully, next time, Brunei would have Pay-pal and i would be able to buy right away.



then, there's Panasonic-LX3, some people prefer it over DSLR.

This is just a story, with a happy ending

A few months ago I decided I was ready to move up from my LX3 to a dslr. After much consideration I decided to get a 500D, and sold the LX3 to help fund it.

I ended up returning it twice due to faults (mucky ovf out the box and a bunch of dead pixels on the next). I gave up for a while but got a 3rd. Within 3 days of having it, I used an air blower to get some dirt off the focusing screen and ended up getting more dirt over it, and some on the sensor too. What remained would not come off with the blower and I just plain gave up. Far too much hassle for me. In the time I had several 500Ds, I had the kit lens, tokina 11-16UWA and the 50mm 1.8.

So I got rid of the 500D and thought about forgetting photography altogther (it's a fairly new hobby to me). I was fairly disappointed as I was going on holiday to Canada and wanted to take some snaps.

So anyway, at Heathrow I was browsing duty free and saw a brand new black LX3 in stock for £300.... I ummed and ahh'd but I pulled the trigger.

I am so glad I did. Rather than worry about changing lens in various environments and lugging around a big bag of lens I was able to take my LX3 everywhere, and even btter, get shots that the 500D with any of those lens wouldn't have been able to.

I forgot how awesome the LX3 is, you can handhold at 1/10 and still get a sharp shot.

I'm not saying it's any sort of a replacement for a dslr but I prefer it as it is always in my bag and I can just take pictures.

The last 4 or 5 images on my flickr page (address in my sig) were taken in Canada with the LX3. I would post them here but for some reason I can't copy and paste stuff into the forums anymore...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29810686@N03/


then, there's E-P1, small, retro, DSLR, you know you want it.


Monday, August 17, 2009

0 Comments:

 
Powered by Blogger